Monday, September 6, 2010

Let's be clear

I spent most of my life singing along to movies, Cd's, and yes even in the shower. I spent six years attending a conservatory to train for a life of performing, and countless hours working on audition material. Then just a few short months ago I was blessed to be asked to perform on the national tour of a children's musical, hired by a company based out of New York, and a week ago I flew to California to start rehearsals for said musical. Is this real? I know that things don't always go as planned, but did I actually do something right?

I get to tour the country and do nothing but perform for the next five months of my life. How cool is that! I just can't believe that after so much time of thinking and dreaming and working so hard that this would actually happen. It just goes to show that dreams come true, and hard work pays off. I am so blessed to have an amazing family that never gave up on me and always encouraged me to keep fighting for what I wanted. I am so lucky to have friends I can talk to and bounce ideas off of and rely upon when I need some extra help. I am somewhat baffled by the fact that I get to fulfill my dreams and this is only the beginning!

No comments: